At Connect America We Save Lives by Providing High-Quality Emergency Response Systems and Telehealth Services to Adults who Trust Us to Keep them Safe and Sound.
Connect America is the largest independent provider of medical alarms in the Consumer segment and the fastest growing provider in the Healthcare segment. We offer a broad range of at-home or on-the-go medical alarm and telehealth solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.
We listen to our customers to determine the safest solution for their needs. We treat all customers and team members ethically and respectfully, creating relationships built on trust. We work as positive team members, developing customer solutions in a collaborative manner. We know that customers and team members are counting on us to contribute, we deliver what’s expected from us!
Our Company is headquartered close to the City of Philadelphia, in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
We are seeking a Call Center - Director of Operations in our Long Island City, NY or Pawtucket, RI locations.
Are you passionate? Driven? Are you the right person to lead a rapidly growing patient access call center organization while championing a customer-focused culture? We’re looking for someone who has what it takes to lead our call center operations through a period of rapid expansion and develop the programs, processes, technology and culture to become a best-in-class call center.
The Call Center - Director of Operations will be required to ensure the execution of business plan in an efficient and profitable way. They will be responsible to implement long-range objectives and goals to meet business and operational expectations. They will also be responsible for client services along with functional authority of the operators. The Director facilitates the implementation and evaluation of call center procedures and policies.
· Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
· Develops call center systems by developing customer interaction and response systems, and networks; designing user interfaces; developing and executing user acceptance test plans; planning and controlling implementations.
· Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
· Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Maintains systems by evaluating equipment; developing preventive maintenance programs; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Monitor multiple programs within the Hospital Solution department to ensure that milestones and deliverables are achieved according to the quality standards and Key Performance Indicators
· Motivates and lead by example the team leaders to ensure that the quality of work performed by call center agents is meeting expectations.
· Maintains the infrastructure and inventory of the call center and completing the proper documentation and request for all required material and equipment in conjunction with IT services.
· Develop and implement goals, targets and performance requirements to achieve better quality in work and profitability for the organization
· Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence that will allow for scalable growth
· Maintain strong partnerships with IT to understand potential business impacts; provide meaningful updates to managing parties
· Provide standardized and ad hoc analysis of trends and forecasting for both internal and external customers
Skills and Specifications:
· Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
· Solid communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner
· Solid problem-solving skills and excellent management skills
· Ability to think tactically and identify significant success factors
· Results driven
Education and Qualifications:
· College degree or equivalent experience with 5-10 years of call center experience in a customer service environment
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and lead large teams of employees
· Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple activities and meeting deadlines; ability to set and attain goals
· Ability to take initiative and effect change
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and detail orientation
· Self-starter who requires minimum supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills; strong investigative and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of quality methodology and experience in implementing such programs in an operational environment
· Proven analytical skills to lead teams, define issues, collect data, draw valid conclusions and present recommendations.
· Familiarity with relevant call center technology and applications
· Experience in managing functions that support call center activity such as workforce management, training, quality, human resources, etc.
· Previous experience in developing and managing budgets and plans in an operational environment