At Connect America We Save Lives by Providing High-Quality Emergency Response Systems and Telehealth Services to Adults who Trust Us to Keep them Safe and Sound.
Connect America is the largest independent provider of medical alarms in the Consumer segment and the fastest growing provider in the Healthcare segment. We offer a broad range of at-home or on-the-go medical alarm and telehealth solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.
We listen to our customers to determine the safest solution for their needs. We treat all customers and team members ethically and respectfully, creating relationships built on trust. We work as positive team members, developing customer solutions in a collaborative manner. We know that customers and team members are counting on us to contribute, we deliver what’s expected from us!
Our Company is headquartered close to the City of Philadelphia, in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
All candidates must successfully pass drug and criminal background checks and we participate in the E-Verify program in our hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. Connect America is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Client Support Specialist/Representative is responsible for requesting and processing authorizations that are received into the Client Support Department. These authorizations serve to either initiate, continue, or cancel PERS (Personal Emergency Response System) services for eligible NYS Medicaid participants. The position also requires the employee to serve as a liaison between the Client Services Team and the various teams at our affiliated NYS Medicaid agencies. This individual will oversee the workflow between their assigned agencies using our various internal business platforms to ensure timely compliance of the authorization process.
· Oversee and process all authorizations from assigned agencies, generally obtained via fax, e-mail, and mail
· Assist Client Support Team members with any inquiries pertaining to authorizations, resolve issues or forward to appropriate team members in a timely manner
· Request and obtain authorizations for timely claims processing
· Claims/Denial Management – Resolve outstanding claims, and communicate resolution to billing department for claim processing/re-processing
· Build relationships with agency Provider Relations/Utilization Management/Case Management teams
· Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
· Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
· Have knowledge on all services and equipment offered by company
· Ability to learn quickly – Ability to learn new things in a short period of time.
· Adaptability with change - Ability to adjusting to changing circumstances.
· Analytical - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Creative - Ability to think outside the box.
· Emotional intelligence - Ability to understand his or her own emotions and the emotions of others.
· Multi-tasking - Ability to working on multiple tasks at the same time.
· Problem solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Team oriented - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Excellent customer service and people skills and must be able to work independently or with a team
· Must have 6 months to one year of customer service experience (heavy phone volume and data entry strongly preferred)
· Strong phone and verbal communication skills
· Strong Listening Skills
· Attention to Detail
· Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
• Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)